On Thu, 04 Jul 2024 12:59:24 +0300 Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Eshel Yaron >> Cc: Juri Linkov , John Paul Wallington , >> Basil L. Contovounesios , kickingvegas@gmail.com, >> 71927@debbugs.gnu.org >> Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2024 09:12:10 +0200 >> >> Eli Zaretskii writes: >> >> > I have a question: ibuffer-do-isearch just calls >> > multi-isearch-buffers. Does multi-isearch-buffers exit immediately, >> > or does it exit only when the multi-isearch is done? If the former, I >> > guess this is why the problem happens. >> > >> >> So we need someone who knows ibuffer internals. >> > >> > I've added two people who might be able to help. >> >> FWIW, AFAICT everything is working correctly, it's just that the >> "Operation finished" message hides the prompt. ibuffer-do-isearch >> should tell define-ibuffer-op not to display that message, somehow. > > I don't see how this could be considered "correct": the "Operation > finished" message is supposed to be shown only after the Isearch is > finished in all the marked buffer, not before. It looks like we need > a function that will not return until all the buffers where searched, > because that's what define-ibuffer-op expects. Don't you agree? The attached patch appears to DTRT, but I only tested it briefly. Steve Berman