"Abraham S.A.H." via "Emacs development discussions." writes: >> No. Any software that says that you have to read the manual first is >> doomed to fail for most people. > Best is to make tools that can be used without reading manuals or > education, as much as possible; while still keeping them > well-documented and well-recorded. I wholeheartedly agree. > I think more than half of > the programs that I have on my Linux system are useless without their > docs and manuals.  That’s different for me, but I enjoy the Guile info manual a lot; especially read from Emacs. That’s often nicer that Googling for solutions with Python. > All these examples of software and hardware don’t seem to be doomed or > going to be doomed.  Any tool needs prior knowledge at some degree. For most tools you already have that prior knowledge from other software; and often you can discover by trial and error (just clicking buttons). Which key is an awesome improvement for this discovery. Clicking ESC even shows all M- bindings. And I just learned about C-h b. That’s a command we should show more prominently. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein, ohne es zu merken. draketo.de