all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* timeclock: generate reports about projects?  For certain time period?
@ 2004-01-09 16:25 Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-01-09 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

I started to use timeclock.  It is quite nice.  But it seems I don't
understand the report generation, yet.

* How to tell it to generate a report for a certain time period?

* How to tell it to produce a list of projects, together with hours,
  for each day?  It should print something like:
  Monday,  2:45 project A
           1:30 project B
  Tuesday, 1:00 project A
           2:00 project B
  The format doesn't matter.  (And actually, I need 1.5h instead of
  1:30.)

tia,
Kai

* Re: timeclock: generate reports about projects?  For certain time period?
@ 2004-01-09 17:06 ` Mario Domgörgen
From: Mario Domgörgen @ 2004-01-09 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de> writes:

> I started to use timeclock.  It is quite nice.  But it seems I don't
> understand the report generation, yet.
>
> * How to tell it to generate a report for a certain time period?

I produced something like that for me, i mainly take
timeclock-generate-* and changed

(two-weeks-ago (timeclock-seconds-to-time
			(- (timeclock-time-to-seconds today)
			   (* 2 7 24 60 60))))

Made the 2 a 4 and you get it for four weeks and so on ... made a var
out of it and let it be setable interactivly

> * How to tell it to produce a list of projects, together with hours,
>   for each day?  It should print something like:
>   Monday,  2:45 project A
>            1:30 project B
>   Tuesday, 1:00 project A
>            2:00 project B
>   The format doesn't matter.  (And actually, I need 1.5h instead of
>   1:30.)

That would be also usefull!

Mario

--
Three things are certain:
Death, taxes, and lost data.

* Re: timeclock: generate reports about projects?  For certain time period?
@ 2004-01-10 10:52 ` Martin Stemplinger
From: Martin Stemplinger @ 2004-01-10 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fre Jan 09 2004 at 17:25, Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de> wrote:

> * How to tell it to produce a list of projects, together with hours,
>   for each day?  It should print something like:
>   Monday,  2:45 project A
>            1:30 project B
>   Tuesday, 1:00 project A
>            2:00 project B
>   The format doesn't matter.  (And actually, I need 1.5h instead of
>   1:30.)

That lack of reporting capabilities was the reason I switched to your
worklog.el. Why don't you use that :-)? What I use now is a slightly
changed version of project.el from Alan Shutko which produces exactly
reports as you describe.
--
Remove NOSPAM to reply by mail

* Re: timeclock: generate reports about projects?  For certain time period?
@ 2004-01-10 21:20   ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-01-10 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Stemplinger <mstemplingerNOSPAM@gmx.de> writes:

> That lack of reporting capabilities was the reason I switched to your
> worklog.el. Why don't you use that :-)?

He he.  I didn't implement any reporting for worklog.el, AFAIR.  But
somebody else did, if I'm not mistaken.  Hm.  I used timeclock.el
because it comes with Emacs (in the CVS version at least).

> What I use now is a slightly changed version of project.el from Alan
> Shutko which produces exactly reports as you describe.

Cool.  I shall have a look at emacswiki.org.  Or at that util function
posted by Mario.

@ 2004-01-10 21:44   ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-01-10 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Stemplinger <mstemplingerNOSPAM@gmx.de> writes:

> That lack of reporting capabilities was the reason I switched to your
> worklog.el. Why don't you use that :-)?

I've now had another look at it.  Wow, it seems that all the others
made a really nifty tool out of it.  Thanks, folks!

Kai