all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* TRAMP for Emacs 21.3 on Windows
@ 2006-03-19 12:39 Anton V. Belyaev
From: Anton V. Belyaev @ 2006-03-19 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

How should I install TRAMP on Windows?
README says to run some configuration scripts, but they, as far as I
understood, use bash and make utilities. Should I use Cygwin or MINGW?
The docs dont say anything about Windows case.

AFAIK TRAMP supports Windows somehow: I tried unofficial precompiled
Emacs 22.0 for Windows, and it had TRAPM working.

* Re: TRAMP for Emacs 21.3 on Windows
@ 2006-03-19 16:44 ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2006-03-19 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

"Anton V. Belyaev" <anton.belyaev@gmail.com> writes:

> How should I install TRAMP on Windows?
> README says to run some configuration scripts, but they, as far as I
> understood, use bash and make utilities. Should I use Cygwin or MINGW?
> The docs dont say anything about Windows case.

>From Tramp 2.1.5, file INSTALL:

| For installation, it requires at least the following program versions:
|
|   - GNU Autoconf 2.50 if sources are taken from CVS
|   - GNU make 3.76
|   - GNU texinfo 4.6
|
| On MS Windows, you need Posix programs for installation.  These and
| other useful Posix utilities can be obtained from one of several
| projects:
|
|   - http://www.mingw.org/msys.shtml               ( MSYS     )
|   - http://www.cygwin.com/                        ( Cygwin   )
|   - http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/              ( UnxUtils )
|   - http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/              ( GnuWin32 )

> AFAIK TRAMP supports Windows somehow: I tried unofficial precompiled
> Emacs 22.0 for Windows, and it had TRAPM working.

Emacs 22 comes with Tramp 2.0. Tramp 2.0 shall be based on the same
requirements, although it is silent about MS Windows in INSTALL.

Best regards, Michael.