all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* opening a cpp file
@ 2006-07-17 22:54 Gary Wessle
From: Gary Wessle @ 2006-07-17 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi
I am trying to open a .cpp file, it opens it with an external viewer

MR Buffer           Size  Mode         File
 -- ------           ----  ----         ----
.*  *scratch*	        0  Lisp Interaction
 *  *Messages*	     1721  Fundamental
 *  *ESS*	      182  Fundamental
 *  *extview log*     489  Fundamental

how can I open it normally with the cpp mode?

in my .emacs I have
(setq auto-mode-alist
  (append '(
    ("configure.in" . m4-mode)
    ("\\.m4\\'" . m4-mode)
    ("\\.am\\'" . makefile-mode)
    ("\\.cpp\\'" . c++-mode)
    ("\\.h$" . c++-mode)
    ("\\.py\\'" . python-mode))
   auto-mode-alist))

thanks

* Re: opening a cpp file
@ 2006-07-18  5:22 ` harry meyers
From: harry meyers @ 2006-07-18  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gary Wessle schrieb:

> Hi
> I am trying to open a .cpp file, it opens it with an external viewer
>
> MR Buffer           Size  Mode         File
>  -- ------           ----  ----         ----
> .*  *scratch*	        0  Lisp Interaction
>  *  *Messages*	     1721  Fundamental
>  *  *ESS*	      182  Fundamental
>  *  *extview log*     489  Fundamental
>
> how can I open it normally with the cpp mode?

I had the same problem especially with .tex files (but others, too).
Now I open them with emacsclient. I put the appropriate lines in my
.emacs prompting extview to open .tex files with emacsclient.

harry

* Re: opening a cpp file
@ 2006-07-18 14:18   ` David Hansen
From: David Hansen @ 2006-07-18 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 17 Jul 2006 22:22:46 -0700 harry meyers wrote:

> Gary Wessle schrieb:
>
>> Hi
>> I am trying to open a .cpp file, it opens it with an external viewer
>>
>> MR Buffer           Size  Mode         File
>>  -- ------           ----  ----         ----
>> .*  *scratch*	        0  Lisp Interaction
>>  *  *Messages*	     1721  Fundamental
>>  *  *ESS*	      182  Fundamental
>>  *  *extview log*     489  Fundamental
>>
>> how can I open it normally with the cpp mode?
>
> I had the same problem especially with .tex files (but others, too).
> Now I open them with emacsclient. I put the appropriate lines in my
> .emacs prompting extview to open .tex files with emacsclient.

Sounds most  likely like some screwed  configuration in your
.emacs  or  site  lisp  file.   Does it  happen  with  emacs
--no-site-file -q too?

David