all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* changing defvars in term/tty-colors.el to defconsts
@ 2009-10-19 18:12 Dan Nicolaescu
From: Dan Nicolaescu @ 2009-10-19 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Any reason not to change these defvars:
color-name-rgb-alist
tty-standard-colors
tty-color-mode-alist
tty-defined-color-alist

to defconsts?

This will quite a few things from GC memory to pure memory.

Also (defvar msdos-color-values) seems unused in this file.

* Re: changing defvars in term/tty-colors.el to defconsts
@ 2009-10-19 18:26 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2009-10-19 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Nicolaescu; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 11:12:58 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Dan Nicolaescu <dann@ics.uci.edu>
>

> Any reason not to change these defvars:
> color-name-rgb-alist
> tty-standard-colors
> tty-color-mode-alist
> tty-defined-color-alist
>
> to defconsts?
>
> This will quite a few things from GC memory to pure memory.

I have no opinion on this.

> Also (defvar msdos-color-values) seems unused in this file.

Right, I failed to delete it a year ago, when I removed the code that
used it.  Sorry.

* Re: changing defvars in term/tty-colors.el to defconsts
@ 2009-10-20 23:57 ` Juri Linkov
From: Juri Linkov @ 2009-10-20 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Nicolaescu; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Any reason not to change these defvars:
> color-name-rgb-alist
> tty-standard-colors
> tty-color-mode-alist

I have no opinion on these three.

> tty-defined-color-alist

`tty-defined-color-alist' is nil by default,
and gets filled during startup by `tty-register-default-colors',
so it is not a constant.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/