all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Read-only warning message
@ 2011-05-17 17:34 sdn.gnuem
From: sdn.gnuem @ 2011-05-17 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello emacs folks,

    This is not a desperate call for urgent help or anything -- this is just something that has bugged me for some time.

    When you make a buffer read-only (via C-x C-q toggle-read-only), and the file in the buffer is under version control, you get a warning message: "File is under version-control; use C-x v v to check in/out".

    Anyone have any idea why?  What earthly relevance could the file's being under version-control have to my toggling the buffer's read-only state?

Thanks,

-- Sue D. Nymme

This message was sent from a MailNull anti-spam account.  You can get
your free account and take control over your email by visiting the
following URL.

   http://mailnull.com/

* Re: Read-only warning message
@ 2011-05-28 11:04 Ben Key