all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Thorsten <quintfall@googlemail.com>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: tmux & emacs: window issue
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 13:15:23 +0100	[thread overview]

Angel de Vicente <angelv@iac.es> writes:

> Thorsten <quintfall@googlemail.com> writes:
>> There (probably) lies the problem - in Gnus I have a vertical split (left
>> window *Group* buffer, right window *Summary* buffer), and that right
>> window is splittet horizontally when I want to read an article with the
>> lower part showing the *article* buffer. Normally, I do have an w3m
>> buffer open in another tmux-window, that occupies half the screen (one
>> pane of a vertical split).
>>
>> I don't know if tmux is confused by the intent of fitting a buffer that
>> has a half-screen pane in one tmux-window into a pane of another
>> tmux-window thats smaller. This might be the problem, since I can open
>> w3m in another tmux-window that has the same splitting as the original
>> one without problems.
>>
>> On the other hand - I like the Gnus frame with the 3 windows, thats very
>> convenient.
>
> Something like this?
> https://picasaweb.google.com/105150425452848691670/Misc#5711556460780476994
>
> The article was displayed in the lower-right window and had a link. When
> pressing it w3m reused the same window with my settings.

Exactly like this - I would guess a standard division of the gnus frame.
Maybe thats one thing where screen is superior to tmux?
Or it might be caused by the way I use tmux, or something in my emacs
configuration.

But its not essential, maybe getting more used to the setup the solution
will come naturally to my mind in the future.

Thanks for your help

Cheers,
--
Thorsten