all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: emacsclient sharing buffers.
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 08:52:10 +0200	[thread overview]

ayzdark <shaoner@gmail.com> writes:

Hi!

> But maybe, I need to get used to this way of using emacslient, closing
> files with C-x # and handling all opened files in each new frame.
> What's your opinion ?

I like it that way.  I want to access my mail (Gnus), org agenda, and
IRC buffers (rcirc) from any frame I might have.  I guess it's rather
common that experienced emacs users have dozens or even hundreds of open
buffers in emacs.  Then, the essence is to use the right tools for
buffer switching.  Cycling or tabs aren't adequate concepts for many
buffers, but for example partial completion and substring matching in
buffer name completion is.

See (info "(emacs)Completion Styles") for how to customize emacs buffer
and file name completion.

There are also some packages providing alternatives: ido, iswitchb,
lusty-explorer, helm, ...

Bye,
Tassilo