all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: emacs-24 r117206: Some documentation for signing of packages
       [not found] <E1WsQxy-0005Ow-64@vcs.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2014-06-05 10:32 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2014-06-05 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Thu, 05 Jun 2014 06:15:58 +0000 Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> wrote in package.texi:

GM> +@c Uncomment this if it becomes true.
GM> +@ignore
GM> +The public key for the GNU package archive is distributed with Emacs,
GM> +in the @file{etc/package-keyring.gpg}.  Emacs uses it automatically.
GM> +@end ignore

Glenn, thank you for adding this.  I brought it up with the MELPA
maintainers in https://github.com/milkypostman/melpa/issues/1749

Is there some consensus on the file location and usage of that keychain
file?  Is the intent for that comment to make it true soon or to bring
it up for discussion?

Thanks
Ted

* Re: emacs-24 r117206: Some documentation for signing of packages
@ 2014-06-05 10:58   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2014-06-05 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Thu, 05 Jun 2014 06:32:17 -0400 Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> wrote:

TZ> On Thu, 05 Jun 2014 06:15:58 +0000 Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> wrote in package.texi:
GM> +@c Uncomment this if it becomes true.
GM> +@ignore
GM> +The public key for the GNU package archive is distributed with Emacs,
GM> +in the @file{etc/package-keyring.gpg}.  Emacs uses it automatically.
GM> +@end ignore

TZ> Glenn, thank you for adding this.  I brought it up with the MELPA
TZ> maintainers in https://github.com/milkypostman/melpa/issues/1749

TZ> Is there some consensus on the file location and usage of that keychain
TZ> file?  Is the intent for that comment to make it true soon or to bring
TZ> it up for discussion?

OK, I didn't see the discussion in bug#17625 earlier (maybe it should
have been mentioned in the comment?  I don't know...)

I will follow up there.

Thanks
Ted