Yuri Khan [2014-06-14 21:51:43 +07:00] wrote: > Yes, LaTeX does a lot to produce a beautifully typeset printout from > an ASCII source. This is not enough; I want that same beautiful > typesetting on screen, in browser, in any page width I happen to have, > in my favorite typeface and font size, without having to recompile the > document. And at the same time, it does too much. It has to maintain, > and document authors have to utilize, a multitude of workarounds that > are caused by TeX not using Unicode internally. Yes, but you know, Xelatex with fontspec/mathspec package takes UTF-8 input files and uses Truetype and Opentype fonts. That’s the today’s Latex actually. I don’t use ``quotes'' and other character-level markup anymore. Just plain “ ” will do (or ” ”, as we do in Finnish).