all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* A strange problem with request.el
@ 2015-08-18 20:24 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2015-08-18 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I know this is rather vague, but I'm writing in case this is something
trivial I don't know about; if not, I'll try to prepare a minimal
(non-)working example (but this will take me some time).

So I'm using request.el, and everything is fine if there are no errors.
But if something is wrong (like wifi is turned off for testing;-)), this
doesn't work:

(request "http://some.address"
	 :parser #'json-read
	 :error (function* (lambda (&rest _ &key error-thrown &allow-other-keys)
			     (error "Got error: %s" (cdr error-thrown))))
	 :sync t)

When I edebug this, or run it using M-:, the error is signalled
correctly.  When I run it as part of an interactive command, request
just seems to fail silently.

Any idea of what might be wrong with this?

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* Re: A strange problem with request.el
@ 2015-08-19 20:48 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-08-19 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Any idea of what might be wrong with this?

What if you use call-interactively to execute the function with wlan off?
Perhaps the library (which I do not know and don't seem to have installed)
does something differently when called interactively?

Rasmus

--
The Kids call him Billy the Saint