all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Correct gnus article count
@ 2016-08-15  8:49 henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2016-08-15  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

How can I adjust gnus wrong article counting.
I have a new mail group with 4 messages in it. When I want to enter the
group it asks me how much articles to display.

How many article from INBOX (available 5502, default 200)

The 4 message in it are the first 4 messages though

After entering the group 1 article is displayed. Then I hit /o and I am
asked again how many articles to display, (available 5501).

* Re: Correct gnus article count
@ 2016-08-15 14:42 ` allan gottlieb
From: allan gottlieb @ 2016-08-15 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Mon, Aug 15 2016, henry atting wrote:

> How can I adjust gnus wrong article counting.
> I have a new mail group with 4 messages in it. When I want to enter the
> group it asks me how much articles to display.
>
> How many article from INBOX (available 5502, default 200)
>
> The 4 message in it are the first 4 messages though
>
> After entering the group 1 article is displayed. Then I hit /o and I am
> asked again how many articles to display, (available 5501).

Perhaps you need gnus-group-compact-group

allan

* Re: Correct gnus article count
@ 2016-08-20 14:36 ` henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2016-08-20 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Deleting .newsrc and .newsrc.eld helps, but not for long.
Most probably this problem occurs because I use mutt alternatively and
sync my mails with isync/mbsync. Nevertheless if you search the internet
you will find that it is a common gnus problem.