Noam Postavsky writes: > I almost regret to prolong this, but I found another mismatch with bash. > It seems the quick substitution does not need to take up the entire > line: > > ~/tmp$ echo foo bar > foo bar > ~/tmp$ ^foo^blah^ etc > echo blah bar etc > blah bar etc > > Whereas, with your patch: > > ~/src/emacs $ echo foo bar > ("foo" "bar") > ~/src/emacs $ ^foo^blah^ etc > ^foo^blah^: command not found Ah, nice catch! I've updated the patch to handle that case as well. I've tested it as well as I could and it seems good to me, but in order to fix that case, I had to mess with the regexes a bit, so It's possible I might have missed a few cases. *[j@laythe emacs]$ echo one two three ("one" "two" "three") *[j@laythe emacs]$ ^one two^five six^ seven eight *[j@laythe emacs]$ echo five six three seven eight ("five" "six" "three" "seven" "eight") *[j@laythe emacs]$ Thanks, -Jay