Eli Zaretskii writes: >> That’s a question we need to answer. I think supporting 2 releases would >> already be good (i.e., 26.1 does not deprecate but 26.2 does). > > That's not how we deprecate stuff. We never wait with deprecation, > only with the actual removal. But in this case it leads to an issue with linting: when-let cannot be used in packages if we want to support both Emacs 25 and 26, since when-let has been deprecated and when-let* didn't exist in Emacs 25. Of course the linter could be tweaked in the CI to keep builds green, but that feels like a hack. Nico