all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Upgrading a package in ELPA (ergoemacs-mode)
@ 2018-08-03 18:09 Eric A. Wayman
From: Eric A. Wayman @ 2018-08-03 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,

I would like to upgrade a package in ELPA, ergoemacs-mode. The
version
in ELPA is years out of date and doesn't work.

The maintainer of this package, Matthew Fidler, has said it would
be okay
for me to handle the upgrading of the package in ELPA. But I don't
know how to do this and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to since I'm
not the
official maintainer.

Could you let me know if it's possible for me to upgrade the
package in
ELPA myself, and if so, how?

By the way, the official repository is
https://github.com/ergoemacs/ergoemacs-mode . The code there works
well
in Emacs 26.1

Thank you and best regards,
Eric A. Wayman

* Re: Upgrading a package in ELPA (ergoemacs-mode)
@ 2018-08-07  3:36 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2018-08-07  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

> I would like to upgrade a package in ELPA, ergoemacs-mode.

Great.

> The version in ELPA is years out of date and doesn't work.
>
> The maintainer of this package, Matthew Fidler, has said it would be okay
> for me to handle the upgrading of the package in ELPA.  But I don't
> know how to do this and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to since I'm not the
> official maintainer.

All it should take is to `git push` the new revision to the proper branch (aka
`externals/ergoemacs-mode`) of elpa.git.

But apparently Matthew didn't merge our changes back in his tree, so
when I tried it, it complained about various conflicts.
I've just resolved those conflicts and pushed a new version.
If you could arrange to synchronize this with Ergoemacs's master branch,
it would be great.