all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs widgets: buffer is not read-only in place where it should
@ 2020-02-13 23:17 meblacky13
From: meblacky13 @ 2020-02-13 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-emacs

Consider the following snippet:

    (progn
      (widget-create 'editable-field :size 8 :format "Birth date %v
(dd/mm/yy)")
      (widget-setup))

This inserts in the current buffer the editable field widget:

    Birth date ________ (dd/mm/yy)

where the underscores denote the field's gray edit area.
Also, the whole buffer should be read-only, apart the edit area.

However putting the the cursor immediately before the parentheses, but
still, out of the edit area, one can write and, most of all, can type
"Enter" and break the widget in a very unpleasant way. This does not
happen for the blank space on the left of the edit area.

This free account was provided by VFEmail.net - report spam to abuse@vfemail.net

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!

* Re: Emacs widgets: buffer is not read-only in place where it should
@ 2020-04-07 14:52 ` Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro
From: Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro @ 2020-04-07 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meblacky13; +Cc: gnu-emacs, emacsbug