all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* eww: show / copy link at point
@ 2020-09-18 22:15 Gregor Zattler
From: Gregor Zattler @ 2020-09-18 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Dear emacs users, is there a way to show the URL of a link
at point in eww or even better, to copy it to the kill ring?

Ciao; Gregor
--
 -... --- .-. . -.. ..--.. ...-.-

* Re: eww: show / copy link at point
@ 2020-09-19  4:43 ` Jamie Beardslee
From: Jamie Beardslee @ 2020-09-19  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Dear emacs users, is there a way to show the URL of a link
> at point in eww or even better, to copy it to the kill ring?

You can show the URL at point with `display-local-help' (C-h .), and
copy with `shr-maybe-probe-and-copy-url' (w)

> Ciao; Gregor

>  -... --- .-. . -.. ..--.. ...-.-
Yep

--
Jamie

* Re: eww: show / copy link at point
@ 2020-09-19  7:17   ` Gregor Zattler
From: Gregor Zattler @ 2020-09-19  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Jamie,
* Jamie Beardslee <jdb@jamzattack.xyz> [2020-09-19; 16:43]:
>> Dear emacs users, is there a way to show the URL of a link
>> at point in eww or even better, to copy it to the kill ring?
>
> You can show the URL at point with `display-local-help' (C-h .), and
> copy with `shr-maybe-probe-and-copy-url' (w)

spot on, thank you very much.

`display-local-help' I did not know and it's binding was
shadowd by my "helpful"-configuration, but not any more.

And the "w" key is only mentioned in the eww manual for
`eww-copy-page-url' which is only called if point is not at
a link.

Ciao; Gregor
--