Michael Albinus writes: Hi Eli, >> The only difference I could think of is that the directory Emacs uses >> here has whitespace in its name (see my original report), whereas on >> Windows 10 it probably doesn't. > > FTR, if I use a directory with spaces in its name, it fails for me as > well. I'm now debugging ... It looks, like it is a problem in the test case code itself. abbreviate-file-name does not work as I expect in this combination. Well, since it isn't needed for the test, the appended patch has fixed it for me. Would you like to check? Best regards, Michael.