Hello there! I've been using Emacs without any extra packages as an educational experiment after years of package hording. One of the few things I've been missing is a way of displaying some sort of syntax highlight for markdown documents. It feels a bit frustrating opening a README.md file with a single face color, since Emacs from the box can handle so much. I am sure others might have shared this feeling before. This patch is a modified version of a package I've recently published on MELPA, screenshots are available here: https://github.com/LionyxML/markdown-ts-mode It is a very basic mode that provides syntax highlight and imenu support using treesitter grammar from https://github.com/tree-sitter-grammars/tree-sitter-markdown The idea here is to provide minimal support to Emacs and continue building up features in the future. It is the first time I contribute to Emacs devel, so please let me know if I did something wrong or anything is not at the expected standards. ----- Rahul