all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Simple Emacs Problem
@ 2008-04-09  0:02 jkfd_88
From: jkfd_88 @ 2008-04-09  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Somehow when I type C-x C-c to try and attempt to exit, it gets interpretted
as C-x C-g. I know I could just map C-x C-g to save-buffers-kill-emacs, but
I am guessing that somehow C-c has gotten mapped to C-g. How do I fix this?

* Re: Simple Emacs Problem
       [not found] <mailman.10187.1207710296.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-04-09  5:42 ` Martin Fischer
From: Martin Fischer @ 2008-04-09  5:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

  > Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 17:02:00 -0700 (PDT)
  >
  > Somehow when I type C-x C-c to try and attempt to exit, it gets
  > interpretted as C-x C-g. I know I could just map C-x C-g to
  > save-buffers-kill-emacs, but I am guessing that somehow C-c has
  > gotten mapped to C-g. How do I fix this?

Hi,

what happens if you start emacs with the option -Q ?

Martin
--
parozusa at web dot de

* Re: Simple Emacs Problem
@ 2008-04-09  8:07   ` jkfd_88
From: jkfd_88 @ 2008-04-09  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Same thing -- gives the message "C-x C-g undefined" even though I'm pressing
C-x C-c.

Andrew-38 wrote:

>   >>>>> jkfd 88 writes:
>   > Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 17:02:00 -0700 (PDT)
>   >
>   > Somehow when I type C-x C-c to try and attempt to exit, it gets
>   > interpretted as C-x C-g. I know I could just map C-x C-g to
>   > save-buffers-kill-emacs, but I am guessing that somehow C-c has
>   > gotten mapped to C-g. How do I fix this?
>
> Hi,
>
> what happens if you start emacs with the option -Q ?
>
> Martin
> --
> parozusa at web dot de

* Re: Simple Emacs Problem
@ 2008-04-09 16:45     ` Joel J. Adamson
From: Joel J. Adamson @ 2008-04-09 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jkfd_88; +Cc: Help-gnu-emacs

jkfd_88 <xpbadboy@gmail.com> writes:

> Same thing -- gives the message "C-x C-g undefined" even though I'm pressing
> C-x C-c.

Are you by chance using the wrong keyboard map?

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only
for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and
properly dispose of this information.

@ 2008-04-09 21:43 ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2008-04-09 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

jkfd_88 <xpbadboy@gmail.com> writes:

> Somehow when I type C-x C-c to try and attempt to exit, it gets
> interpretted as C-x C-g. I know I could just map C-x C-g to
> save-buffers-kill-emacs, but I am guessing that somehow C-c has gotten
> mapped to C-g. How do I fix this?

Cygwin?

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/SetTty

--