I eventually got around to revisiting the compile error regexps I made for perl test scripts in my compilation-perl.el. I was misguided about the "NOK" business of the perl--Test::Harness one that's now in emacs. I believe the three symbols perl--Test, perl--Test2 and perl--Test::Harness can be replaced by the two simpler bits of compile.el.perl.fragment below. compilation.txt fragment below too, to replace the two sections "* Perl Test module error messages" and "* Perl Test::Harness output". 2010-02-20 Kevin Ryde * progmodes/compile.el (compilation-error-regexp-alist-alist): Replace/amend perl--Test, perl--Test2 and perl--Test::Harness with better patterns perl--Test and perl--Test-failed. 2010-02-20 Kevin Ryde * compilation.txt (Perl Test module, Perl Test::Harness): Replace for new perl--Test and perl--Test-failed symbols.