all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#5790: 23.1; emacs.svg license causing a lot of filetype detection mechanisms to fail
@ 2010-03-28  0:50 Jasper St. Pierre
From: Jasper St. Pierre @ 2010-03-28  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 5790

emacs.svg includes a very long GPL license preamble, which comes before the
opening <svg> tag. This causes a lot of file detection systems, including
file/libmagic, do not identify this icon file as a SVG. A simple fix would
be to put the copyright preamble inside of the <svg> tag.

* bug#5790: 23.1; emacs.svg license causing a lot of filetype detection mechanisms to fail
@ 2010-03-28 19:12 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2010-03-28 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: "Jasper St. Pierre" <jstpierre; +Cc: 5790-done

> emacs.svg includes a very long GPL license preamble, which comes
> before the opening <svg> tag. This causes a lot of file detection
> systems, including file/libmagic, do not identify this icon file as a
> SVG. A simple fix would be to put the copyright preamble inside of the
> <svg> tag.

Thanks for the bug report.  I've fixed this on the Emacs 23.2 release
branch.