all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Running Programs from Inside Emacs
@ 2011-02-17 11:08 haziz
From: haziz @ 2011-02-17 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

When using emacs for programming in C, I know how to compile programs from inside emacs using Mx compile to invoke make -k which then compiles using gcc (I am running Linux Mint on a desktop machine at home and also use Mac OS X on a laptop).

I have so far been unable to figure out how to "run" the resulting binary from inside emacs. I would like to be able to then run the binary file from inside emacs. So far I have had to exit emacs returning to my bash shell to run the binary by for e.g.    ./helloworld

Is it possible to get a shell prompt inside emacs and run the file in a secondary buffer within emacs?

I have tried to do a google search about this but most search results seem to talk only about Mx compile and stop there.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Hany.