all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Font size after upgrade to 24
@ 2012-06-15 15:02 Florian Lindner
From: Florian Lindner @ 2012-06-15 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

after the recent upgrade to emacs 24.1 (ArchLinux / KDE) my font size
is too large (one times C-x C-minus corrects it temporarily for the
buffer). The menu font size is fine, the rest (buffer, mode line,
minibuffer is too large). I've read about the various ways to set the
font size.

Is there a specific reason why the font size has increased after the
update? And thus a global way to correct it?

Thanks,

Florian

* Re: Font size after upgrade to 24
@ 2012-06-15 15:11 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2012-06-15 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Florian,

> after the recent upgrade to emacs 24.1 (ArchLinux / KDE) my font size
> is too large (one times C-x C-minus corrects it temporarily for the
> buffer). The menu font size is fine, the rest (buffer, mode line,
> minibuffer is too large). I've read about the various ways to set the
> font size.
>
> Is there a specific reason why the font size has increased after the
> update? And thus a global way to correct it?

Emacs 24 adds support for gconf and gsettings, so it'll pick whatever
monospace font and sizes you have set as the default in your system
settings (unless you've configured otherwise, of course).  I'm nox
exactly sure that KDE uses gsettings, but maybe it does...  Or you've
used Gnome some day and its configs are still there.

Bye,
Tassilo