all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs 24.2 release candidate
@ 2012-08-15 16:57 Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2012-08-15 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

The Emacs 24.2 release candidate is now available for download via FTP,
at the following location:

  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-24.2-rc1.tar.gz

The 24.2 release is intended to fix a security bug triggered by setting
the user option `enable-local-variables' to `:safe' (CVE-2012-3479, more
details at http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12155).  It also
contains several other bugfixes, but no new features.

Please send me an email reporting success or failure on your build
platform.  Please report any bugs that you come across via
M-x report-emacs-bugs, or email bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org.
For questions, email emacs-devel@gnu.org.

Note to developers: I have bumped the version to 24.2 on the emacs-24
branch, but I have not yet tagged it as the release.  If you discover
issues with the release candidate, go ahead and commit fixes to the
branch, but only if you are sure these fixes are safe; if in doubt,
discuss on emacs-devel.  Also, the trunk version has been bumped to
24.2.50.

I encourage everyone to give this as much testing as possible over the
next few days.  Thanks.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-08-15 16:57 UTC | newest]