all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Meta Key on a VT520 Terminal (LK411 Keyboard)?
@ 2013-01-27  0:52 haziz
From: haziz @ 2013-01-27  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am using a DEC VT-520 terminal with a DEC LK411-AA keyboard to access an OpenBSD install on a DEC VAX machine. I am unable to figure out how to send a meta key signal to mg (or Emacs once I figure out how to install it on the VAX).

If there is not one to begin with, is it possible to reprogram a key (single key please rather than a sequence) to serve as Meta.

Thanks.

* Re: Meta Key on a VT520 Terminal (LK411 Keyboard)?
@ 2013-01-27  1:31 ` haziz
From: haziz @ 2013-01-27  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Saturday, January 26, 2013 7:52:05 PM UTC-5, haziz wrote:
> I am using a DEC VT-520 terminal with a DEC LK411-AA keyboard to access an OpenBSD install on a DEC VAX machine. I am unable to figure out how to send a meta key signal to mg (or Emacs once I figure out how to install it on the VAX).
>

> If there is not one to begin with, is it possible to reprogram a key (single key please rather than a sequence) to serve as Meta.
>

> Thanks.

BTW Esc does not seem to work instead of Meta on this keyboard/terminal.

* Re: Meta Key on a VT520 Terminal (LK411 Keyboard)?
@ 2013-01-27  2:13 ` Monte Stevens
From: Monte Stevens @ 2013-01-27  2:13 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

haziz <hsaziz@gmail.com> writes:

> I am using a DEC VT-520 terminal with a DEC LK411-AA keyboard to
> access an OpenBSD install on a DEC VAX machine. I am unable to figure
> out how to send a meta key signal to mg (or Emacs once I figure out
> how to install it on the VAX).

I am using C-[ on x86 hardware.

So, if I want M-x, I type C-[ x .

> If there is not one to begin with, is it possible to reprogram a key
> (single key please rather than a sequence) to serve as Meta.

-- Monte