Stefan Monnier writes: >> But there's usually more than one implementation for a method, and the >> link will just point to the one which was first defined. > > Can we hope that the first definition is usually a defgeneric rather > than a defmethod? If not, indeed, it might be better to remove the > link (which you should be able to do from the hook I suggested). defgeneric is seldom used, since just defmethod already implicitly includes it. Attached is a first iteration on how this might work. eieio-opt is in dire need of further cleanup, but first I want to make sure you're OK with the general direction this is taking. This patch only hooks into describe-function for class constructors and methods. The next step would be how to describe plain classes. In CEDET upstream, we hooked into describe-variable through defadvice, but it's not clear to me at all where we could place a hook there... -David