all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to get ido-find-file to open DOIs in browser (like URLs)?
@ 2013-06-19  7:37 Marius Hofert
From: Marius Hofert @ 2013-06-19  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs help

Hi,

I often use C-x C-f (ido-find-file) to open links/URLs in the browser.
I am wondering how one could get the same behavior when the point is
on DOIs (digital object identifier). This is of the form
10.1016/j.csda.2008.05.019, for example, and should open
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.csda.2008.05.019. There are some regular
expressions posted on stackoverflow to match (a larger number) of
DOIs.

Cheers,

Marius

* Re: How to get ido-find-file to open DOIs in browser (like URLs)?
@ 2013-06-19  9:01 ` Phillip Lord
From: Phillip Lord @ 2013-06-19  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marius Hofert; +Cc: Emacs help

The standard display guidelines for DOIs now state that the URL form
should always be used. So, the best solution to this is fix the DOI
first. Then use ffap which plugs into ido, if I remember correctly!

Phil

--
Phillip Lord,                           Phone: +44 (0) 191 222 7827
Lecturer in Bioinformatics,             Email: phillip.lord@newcastle.ac.uk

* Re: How to get ido-find-file to open DOIs in browser (like URLs)?
@ 2013-06-19  9:07   ` Marius Hofert
From: Marius Hofert @ 2013-06-19  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phillip Lord; +Cc: Emacs help

Hi Phillip,