On Sat, 30 Aug 2014 15:34:59 +0300 Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> (ii) Why doesn't "the problem" happen in the trunk build with >> toolkit scroll bars? Is this perhaps because Martin's window >> changes add an extra pixel or two, leaving enough space? > > Maybe. Actually, the difference is due to the horizontal scroll bar, as the attached screen shot makes clear. > Strangely, I can no longer reproduce this on the emacs-24 > branch. If you still can, fire up 2 Emacsen, one each from either > branch, put their frames side by side, and compare the dimensions of > the text area. The screen shot shows builds from trunk without and with toolkit scroll bars. For the former, window-height of the Customize buffer is 26 in both, while window-height of the Calendar buffer is 8 for the non-toolkit and 9 for the toolkit build. Interestingly, it looks to me like the Customize buffer of the non-toolkit build is 2-3 pixels higher than that of the toolkit build, but I assume that it due to the exact height of the horizontal scroll bar, which takes up a line of height. Steve