all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* tramp/plink, No such directory found via CDPATH env variable
@ 2015-06-01 14:36 jenia.ivlev
From: jenia.ivlev @ 2015-06-01 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I have problems using emacs/plink/tramp on a windows host with a GNU/Linux VM.

I first noticed the problem when editing a file on the client GNU/Linux
machine (from the Windows host, using tramp/plink): I started the
eshell, and did `cd <some folder>`, it told me `No such directory found
via CDPATH environment variable`.

I think the problem has to do with this variable `command-line-default-directory`.
It should follow the directory where the buffer is opened at.

Just to reiterate the problem, suppose I'm  in
C://plink:<username>@<ip>:/home/asti/folder, I want to be able to type
`cd foldername` and not get the error `No such directory found via
CDPATH  environment variable`.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance for your kind help.
Jenia

* Re: tramp/plink, No such directory found via CDPATH env variable
@ 2015-06-01 16:51 ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2015-06-01 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jenia.ivlev; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hi Jenia,

What's this directory "C://plink:<username>@<ip>:/home/asti/folder"?
Shouldn't it be "/plink:<username>@<ip>:/home/asti/folder"?

> Thanks in advance for your kind help.
> Jenia

Best regards, Michael.

PS: Please report your Emacs and Tramp versions you are running. If you
are running the built-in Tramp version, the Emacs version is sufficient.

* Re: tramp/plink, No such directory found via CDPATH env variable
@ 2015-06-03 22:56   ` jenia.ivlev
From: jenia.ivlev @ 2015-06-03 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Yes you are right, it is "/plink:<username>@<ip>:/home/asti/folder".
>> Thanks in advance for your kind help.
>> Jenia
>
> Best regards, Michael.
>
> PS: Please report your Emacs and Tramp versions you are running. If you
> are running the built-in Tramp version, the Emacs version is
> sufficient.
Sure, I'm using emacs 24.5.1 with the built-in version of tramp.

Thanks

* Re: tramp/plink, No such directory found via CDPATH env variable
@ 2015-06-04  6:53     ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2015-06-04  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jenia.ivlev; +Cc: emacs-devel

jenia.ivlev@gmail.com (jenia.ivlev) writes:

Hi Jenia,

>>> Just to reiterate the problem, suppose I'm  in
>>> C://plink:<username>@<ip>:/home/asti/folder, I want to be able to type
>>> `cd foldername` and not get the error `No such directory found via
>>> CDPATH  environment variable`.
>>
>> What's this directory "C://plink:<username>@<ip>:/home/asti/folder"?
>> Shouldn't it be "/plink:<username>@<ip>:/home/asti/folder"?
>>
> Yes you are right, it is "/plink:<username>@<ip>:/home/asti/folder".
>>
>> PS: Please report your Emacs and Tramp versions you are running. If you
>> are running the built-in Tramp version, the Emacs version is
>> sufficient.
> Sure, I'm using emacs 24.5.1 with the built-in version of tramp.

In this case, please eval (setq tramp-verbose 6) prior running the test,
and run it again. There will be a Tramp debug buffer. Please show it here.

> Thanks

Best regards, Michael.