all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Have I crashed Gnu Elpa?
@ 2016-02-09 15:31 Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2016-02-09 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Emacs Development

Hello,

I have tried to push to Gnu Elpa, quite as I did in the past, with
Magit.  Before, I had pulled successfully.

git push hang, no response.  I killed it after some minutes.  Since
then, the Gnu Elpa server seems to be unresponsive.

Ehm...please help!  How could that happen?

Thanks,

Michael.

* Re: Have I crashed Gnu Elpa?
@ 2016-02-09 15:35 ` Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2016-02-09 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Emacs Development

> Ehm...please help!  How could that happen?

Two more things:

1.  Sorry.

2.  This is what git status shows:

micha@drachen ~> cd software/elpa/
micha@drachen ~/s/elpa> git status
On branch master
Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 1 commit.
  (use "git push" to publish your local commits)
Changes not staged for commit:
  (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
  (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)

	modified:   packages/el-search/el-search.el
	modified:   packages/iterators/iterators.el

So this was or would have been a simple fast-forward push AFAICT.  Hmm.

Michael.

* Re: Have I crashed Gnu Elpa?
@ 2016-02-09 17:45   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-02-09 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Michael Heerdegen; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de>
> Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 16:35:57 +0100
>
> Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de> writes:
>
> > Ehm...please help!  How could that happen?
>
> Two more things:
>
> 1.  Sorry.
>
> 2.  This is what git status shows:
>
> micha@drachen ~> cd software/elpa/
> micha@drachen ~/s/elpa> git status
> On branch master
> Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 1 commit.
>   (use "git push" to publish your local commits)
> Changes not staged for commit:
>   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
>   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
>
> 	modified:   packages/el-search/el-search.el
> 	modified:   packages/iterators/iterators.el
>
> So this was or would have been a simple fast-forward push AFAICT.  Hmm.

Relax, you didn't crash ELPA:

  https://pumprock.net/fsfstatus

(All the Savannah VCS repositories went off-line for some time.)  It
seems to be okay now.

* Re: Have I crashed Gnu Elpa?
@ 2016-02-09 18:18     ` Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2016-02-09 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Relax, you didn't crash ELPA:
>
>   https://pumprock.net/fsfstatus
>
> (All the Savannah VCS repositories went off-line for some time.)  It
> seems to be okay now.

Great :-)  Then I'll just try to push again.

Thanks,

Michael.