"N. Jackson" writes: > Yes, that looks very nice on your system. > > Can you tell me the correct steps to get the new icon to be used, and at > the correct resolution? I fired up a new Fedora VM to try it out, and installed the pretest normally using: sudo dnf builddep emacs ./configure make sudo make install > The new icons seem to be installed to both > ~/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/etc/images/icons/hicolor/ and to > ~/local/share/icons/hicolor/ -- should they be in both? My guess is that GNOME doesn't pick the correct icon from ~/local/share/icons/hicolor/. Can you try installing the tarball in /usr/local/? Nico