all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Removing addresses from mu4e contact index
@ 2018-02-14 12:30 Daniel Nemenyi
From: Daniel Nemenyi @ 2018-02-14 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

Apologies to those also on debian-user@lists.debian.org but I'm
reposting this message here as hoping it'll garner a response.

Using mu4e/offlineimap, I've got incorrect email addresses in my mu
contacts index, thanks to typos in their source emails - ie where a bad
address is CC'd into an email with me. They've gotten me into trouble a
few times but I haven't been able to work out how to remove them from
the mu contacts index. Any ideas? I've tried deleting the original
emails but they still appear. Is there a contacts file or db somewhere I
can edit?

Thanks!
Daniel

* Re: Removing addresses from mu4e contact index
@ 2018-02-15  8:25 ` Joost Kremers
From: Joost Kremers @ 2018-02-15  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Nemenyi; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Wed, Feb 14 2018, Daniel Nemenyi wrote:
> Using mu4e/offlineimap, I've got incorrect email addresses in my
> mu
> contacts index, thanks to typos in their source emails - ie
> where a bad
> address is CC'd into an email with me. They've gotten me into
> trouble a
> few times but I haven't been able to work out how to remove them
> from
> the mu contacts index. Any ideas? I've tried deleting the
> original
> emails but they still appear. Is there a contacts file or db
> somewhere I
> can edit?

I can't offer any help (I'd be interested in the answer myself),
but you might also try the mu/mu4e mailing list:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mu-discuss

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments

* Re: Removing addresses from mu4e contact index
@ 2018-02-15  9:23   ` Daniel Nemenyi
From: Daniel Nemenyi @ 2018-02-15  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joost Kremers; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Joost Kremers writes:

> On Wed, Feb 14 2018, Daniel Nemenyi wrote:
>> Using mu4e/offlineimap, I've got incorrect email addresses in my
>> mu
>> contacts index, thanks to typos in their source emails - ie
>> where a bad
>> address is CC'd into an email with me. They've gotten me into
>> trouble a
>> few times but I haven't been able to work out how to remove them
>> from
>> the mu contacts index. Any ideas? I've tried deleting the
>> original
>> emails but they still appear. Is there a contacts file or db
>> somewhere I
>> can edit?
>
> I can't offer any help (I'd be interested in the answer myself),
> but you might also try the mu/mu4e mailing list:
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mu-discuss
Great idea, thanks Joost. Will message mu-discuss and let you know if I
find anything out.

Best
Dan