Deus Max writes: > Reading the manual > (https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Hash-Access.html#Hash-Access) > on remhash, it says: "In Emacs Lisp, remhash always returns nil.", so I > modified the calling function gnus-dup-unsuppress-article in gnus-dup.el, as follows: > > 157c157,159 > < (remhash id gnus-dup-hashtb)))) > --- >> (if (hash-table-p gnus-dup-hashtb) >> (remhash id gnus-dup-hashtb) >> nil)))) > > This patch seems to have fixed the problem and now > gnus-summary-move-article works fine. ! > the value of gnus-dup-hashtb was nil, for the problem runs. The return value of gnus-dup-unsuppress-article doesn't matter, only that remhash not be passed a nil gnus-dup-hashtb. In other words, gnus-dup-unsuppress-article should either not be called or should handle the case when it is called before gnus-dup-open has initialised gnus-dup-hashtb. I attach a patch which follows the apparent gnus-sum.el convention of guarding calls to gnus-dup.el functions based on the value of gnus-suppress-duplicates. This fixes the immediate issue at hand, but I think there may still be a problem when gnus-suppress-duplicates is enabled at a later time. I think that deserves a separate bug report, though. Thanks, -- Basil