Lars Ingebrigtsen writes: > I tried opening an image, touching it, and I then got > > Reverting buffer ‘emacs.png’. > > in the echo area, and I don't get the image displayed as text. So this > seems to work for me in Emacs 27 -- are you still able to reproduce this > bug? I see something new, which is probably also not good. I opened an image with emacs -Q, turned on auto-revert-mode, edited the image externally with an image editor, saved there to the original file, and then emacs asked "[image file name] changed on disk, really edit the buffer? ". Here is an image of the backtrace (an image because I used SIGUSR2 to get a backtrace, and after that, Emacs is gaga - is there a better way to get a backtrace for a y-or-n prompt)? I used v from dired to open the image file if it matters.