Hello Emacs, adaptive-wrap is a GNU ELPA package that adds a wrap-prefix property to continuation lines to make them look like they have been filled with M-q. For example, it makes this… ; Here is a long Elisp comment with its continuation line. … look like this: ; Here is a long Elisp comment ; with its continuation line. The second "; " is not part of the buffer text: it is the wrap-prefix computed by adaptive-wrap. This prefix can be customized with the integer variable adaptive-wrap-extra-indent, which adds (if positive) or takes off (if negative) some extra padding. In bug#41810, I tried to tackle the following issues: 1. The extra-indent character is not fontified: 2. The prefix has no background, which makes lines with :extend'ed backgrounds visually jarring: I proposed (and Stefan and Basil kindly reviewed) two patches: 1. One to fix those two bugs: