Uwe Brauer writes: > Thanks, a couple of more question, if you don't mind: > > 1. Does GPL 2 or *later* mean: > > a. GPL 2 and all version of that License > that were released *before* GPL 2?. That seems to me the most > logical interpretation. > > b. Or does it mean: GPL 2 and all versions that will be released, > *after* the release of GPL 2? That seems like a blank check to > me. this was discussed during the drafting of GPLv3 a lot: a later version means a license released after GPL 2, but only if it is similar in spirit to the license (that’s written in the GPLv2 and GPLv3). So no blanket permission. For any future GPL the FSF will have to make sure that it’s similar in spirit, to GPL v2 and GPL v3, otherwise using old code under these new licenses would risk legal attacks, and then no one in their right mind would use those licenses. > 2. I searched all lisp files: some have GPL 3+ some have GPL2+. > Is this ok, or need all files to be under the same license? GPLv2+ and GPLv3+ are (upwards) compatible. If you have GPLv3+ files, then the project as a whole must be GPLv3+ (or GPLv3, but please don’t leave out the "or later", that creates a world of pain if you want to use the later version at some point — and if history is a teacher, you will want to). Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein, ohne es zu merken. draketo.de