Eli Zaretskii writes: > I think we should install this, but byte-compiling it produces a > warning: > > In dired-internal-do-deletions: > dired.el:4021:28: Warning: Unused lexical variable `auto-revert-mode' > > Can you fix this and resubmit? Thanks Eli. Here is an updated version of this patch. I also removed the setting of `dired-auto-revert-buffer' that has nothing to do with this bug and added a reference to the bug number in the comments. > Also, I presume all the Dired tests in the test suite still pass after > the change? I have attached the following logs: dir-tests.log, dired-aux-tests.log and dired-x-tests.log.