all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Cursor position in pixels
@ 2005-03-04 18:18 PT
From: PT @ 2005-03-04 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

I plan to implement emacs support for a language and want to display
suggestions for the user in a pop up frame. For example, the user starts
to type the name of a function and if he hesitates a small frame appears
in the screen above the line the cursor is in showing possible completions.

In order to position the popup frame correctly I need to know the position
of the cursor in pixels relative to the top/left corner of the current
Emacs frame. I couldn't find anything like that in the documentation. Is
it possible?

Of course, I can show the completions in an other window in the same frame
(pop-to-buffer), but a small temporary popup frame above the cursor would
be nicer.