all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* tex-dvi-view-command and auctex
@ 2005-08-16 14:42 Mads Jensen
From: Mads Jensen @ 2005-08-16 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi NG,

I use source specials in auctex in order to go the point in xdvi I have
been editing. I just tried customizing the TeX-source-specials group,
but I do not know where to include extra arguments. I wish to have "-s
6" in the command, so I don't have to zoom in every time I want to view
a new document. I tried setting the tex-dvi-view-command, but with no result.

Thanks in advance,
--
Mads Jensen - mail sent to address ends in /dev/null
              s/spam/madsj for emailing me

It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so
ingenious.

* Re: tex-dvi-view-command and auctex
@ 2005-08-19 15:48 ` Rajneesh Hegde
From: Rajneesh Hegde @ 2005-08-19 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

> a new document. I tried setting the tex-dvi-view-command, but with no result.

I use AUCTeX with MikTeX (on Windows), so my options might be
different, but I don't have an option like the one you mention.

Instead, try TeX-output-view-style (or, on older versions,
TeX-view-style) in the TeX Command group.

A better solution might be to set the right X resources for doing
this, so you'll get that option even when invoking xdvi outside of
auctex. A quick google search on "xdvi X resources" should get you the
how-to. ope this helps,

Rajneesh.