all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* WIN emacs can not catch Ctrl-C in CYGWIN bash shell
@ 2007-01-31  6:13 sealo
From: sealo @ 2007-01-31  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello, dear all,
I setup a environment EMACS+CYGWIN. Everything works well.
But in the cygwin shell session, it seems the shell can not catch Ctr-
C. For example, I type command "more". No matter how many times I type
Ctrl-C, no response. So I have to kill the shell buffer, and start
again.
Could you tell me how to solve this issue?

Thank you in advance!

Version Info:
GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.0.2195) of 2004-03-11 on NYAUMO

* Re: WIN emacs can not catch Ctrl-C in CYGWIN bash shell
@ 2007-01-31 19:37 ` John Paul Wallington
From: John Paul Wallington @ 2007-01-31 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"sealo" <seahalo@gmail.com> writes:

> I setup a environment EMACS+CYGWIN. Everything works well.
> But in the cygwin shell session, it seems the shell can not catch Ctr-
> C. For example, I type command "more". No matter how many times I type
> Ctrl-C, no response. So I have to kill the shell buffer, and start
> again.
> Could you tell me how to solve this issue?

Try saying:
export CYGWIN="binmode ntsec tty"

It looks like the tty option is what makes C-c work.

See also:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-emacs-windows/2002-10/msg00109.html
http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.help/browse_thread/thread/a180845843d43295/069eb75ca57d83c7