all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Cool "Framed" Citation Style in News & Mail
@ 2007-03-11 21:01 Taylor Venable
From: Taylor Venable @ 2007-03-11 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello all,

I see some people on the mailing list use a cool citation style that
uses commas and backquotes to make a "frame" around citations.  It
looks like this:

,----
| cited text goes here
| blah blah blah
`----

How do you do that?  I've been looking into Supercite, and I could see
how you might be able to set the right variables to get Supercite to
do this, but I was curious if this is "the right way" to get that
effect, or if there's some other functionality you use.  Thanks!

--
Taylor Venable
taylor@metasyntax.net

* Re: Cool "Framed" Citation Style in News & Mail
@ 2007-03-11 21:17 ` David Hansen
From: David Hansen @ 2007-03-11 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 17:01:15 -0400 Taylor Venable wrote:

> ,----
> | cited text goes here
> | blah blah blah
> `----
>
> How do you do that?  I've been looking into Supercite, and I could see
> how you might be able to set the right variables to get Supercite to
> do this, but I was curious if this is "the right way" to get that
> effect, or if there's some other functionality you use.  Thanks!

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/BoxQuote

David

* Re: Cool "Framed" Citation Style in News & Mail
       [not found] <mailman.814.1173646921.7795.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-03-11 21:20 ` Hadron
From: Hadron @ 2007-03-11 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs