Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Michael Olson >> I want to be able to pop up a warning window upon loading a file >> (this window can be disabled by the user) which tells people of the >> issue, and which registry key to change in order for it not to be a >> problem anymore. > > That's be harassing the user, a very un-Emacsy thing to do, IMO. I don't think of it as harassing the user -- if something has nondeterministic behavior whenever its source code gets checked out, I want to warn people about it. Obviously the message that appears would need to be invective-free and informative. And since it appears during load, it needs to contain instructions for how to disable the display of the message. As for un-Emacsy, perhaps. Nonetheless, since the particular program that I have in mind writes a lot of files, which each produce a message, it is the case that warning windows are the best way to indicate that an error has occurred, or that an error may be likely to occur. -- Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 | http://mwolson.org/ -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net | /` |\ | | | Sysadmin -- Hobbies: Lisp, GP2X, HCoop | |_] | \| |_| Projects: Emacs, Muse, ERC, EMMS, ErBot, DVC, Planner |