all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ssh connection drops when opening emacs
@ 2007-12-05 15:50 Ismael Valladolid Torres
From: Ismael Valladolid Torres @ 2007-12-05 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I log in to a remote machine using ssh, there I open emacs -nw, and
the connection drops! It happens always, and I don't know where to
look for log info...

This is GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.0)
 of 2007-11-06 on terranova, modified by Ubuntu

Running Ubuntu Gutsy in client and server, just upgraded all
packages...

Client and server also running the same kernel.

Linux nakata 2.6.23.1-rt4 #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Sun Oct 28 18:07:09 EET
2007 i686 GNU/Linux

Any ideas welcome...

Cordially, Ismael
--
Ismael Valladolid Torres            GnuPG key: DE721AF4
                                       Jabber: ivalladt@gmail.com

* Re: ssh connection drops when opening emacs
@ 2007-12-05 16:55 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2007-12-05 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ismael Valladolid Torres; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 05.12.2007 um 16:50 schrieb Ismael Valladolid Torres:

> I log in to a remote machine using ssh, there I open emacs -nw, and
> the connection drops! It happens always, and I don't know where to
> look for log info...

You can launch ssh with -v or -vv or -vvv or ...

Is X11 also used here?

--
Greetings

   Pete

Time flies like an error -- but fruit flies like a banana!
                              (almost Groucho Marx)

* Re: ssh connection drops when opening emacs
@ 2007-12-05 17:31 ` reader
From: reader @ 2007-12-05 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Ismael Valladolid Torres <ivalladt@ono.com> writes:

> I log in to a remote machine using ssh, there I open emacs -nw, and
> the connection drops! It happens always, and I don't know where to
> look for log info...

Look on the remote server you've logged into.
Scan system log for sshd output.

If that doesn't reveal anything helpfull then if you have root on the
server you could put sshd into verbose mode with sshd -d
(See man sshd)