all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Ada compiling problems
@ 2008-02-10  2:54 joesmoe10
From: joesmoe10 @ 2008-02-10  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Hey all,

I'm having a little bit of trouble getting emacs to compile the right Ada
(.adb) files.  Emacs will compile correctly for the first program I am
working on.  After that, emacs recompiles the first file instead of the
current one I'm working on.  I've tried 'ada-compile-current' but it creates
everything necessary (.ali, .o) except the executable.

Is there any reason why emacs does this? The only way I've found around this
is to restart emacs.  Is there is a way to compile and run the current file
rather than the one I first started working on?

I'm using Emacs 23.0.60.1 on Ubuntu 7.10

Thanks
-joe

* Re: Ada compiling problems
       [not found] <mailman.7239.1202615729.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-02-11 14:35 ` Anders Wirzenius
From: Anders Wirzenius @ 2008-02-11 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

joesmoe10 <joesmoe10@gmail.com> writes:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm having a little bit of trouble getting emacs to compile the right Ada
> (.adb) files.  Emacs will compile correctly for the first program I am
> working on.  After that, emacs recompiles the first file instead of the
> current one I'm working on.  I've tried 'ada-compile-current' but it creates
> everything necessary (.ali, .o) except the executable.
>
> Is there any reason why emacs does this? The only way I've found around this
> is to restart emacs.  Is there is a way to compile and run the current file
> rather than the one I first started working on?
>
> I'm using Emacs 23.0.60.1 on Ubuntu 7.10
>
> Thanks
> -joe

Try the newsgroup comp.lang.ada. I think there are persons
knowing the ada-mode.

--
Anders

@ 2008-02-11 16:06 ` Joel J. Adamson
From: Joel J. Adamson @ 2008-02-11 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

joesmoe10 <joesmoe10@gmail.com> writes:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm having a little bit of trouble getting emacs to compile the right
> Ada (.adb) files. Emacs will compile correctly for the first program I
> am working on. After that, emacs recompiles the first file instead of
> the current one I'm working on. I've tried 'ada-compile-current' but
> it creates everything necessary (.ali, .o) except the executable.

Did somebody incorporate an Ada compiler into Emacs?  I thought they'd
done everything!

This sounds like a question about your Ada compiler, rather than Emacs.

Joel
--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician