all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Compilation error with latest CVS Emacs -- cal-loaddefs not provided
@ 2008-04-28 10:00 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2008-04-28 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

while trying to compile a fresh CVS Emacs with

,----
| ~$ ./configure --enable-font-backend --with-x-toolkit=gtk
| ~$ make bootstrap
`----

I get this error:

,----
`----

--
Bastien

* Re: Compilation error with latest CVS Emacs -- cal-loaddefs not provided
@ 2008-04-28 10:40 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.10869.1209385071.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2008-04-28 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 28.04.2008 um 12:00 schrieb Bastien:

> I get this error:

Weeks ago I had similiar errors. A 'make maintainer-clean' with
another 'make bootstrap' helped.

--
Greetings

   Pete

We have to expect it, otherwise we would be surprised.

* Re: Compilation error with latest CVS Emacs -- cal-loaddefs not provided
@ 2008-04-28 12:17 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.10869.1209385071.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2008-04-28 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 28.04.2008 um 12:00 schrieb Bastien:

> I get this error:

BTW, you don't get:

	emacs:0:Pure Lisp storage overflow (approx. 1201052 bytes needed)

--
Greetings

   Pete

There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does
not want merely because you think it would be good for him.
				– Robert Heinlein

@ 2008-04-30  8:22   ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2008-04-30  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Am 28.04.2008 um 12:00 schrieb Bastien:
>
>> I get this error:
>

> BTW, you don't get:
>
> 	emacs:0:Pure Lisp storage overflow (approx. 1201052 bytes needed)

I got this error with recent emacs CVS version. depending on when you
last got a snapshot, the PURESIZE value was increased (around April 28th
I think - see the changelog in emacs/src).

I fixed the problem by increasing the value. Look in
emacs/src/puresize.h. I set SITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA to 4000 and
recompiled. That fixed the problem for me.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au

* Re: Compilation error with latest CVS Emacs -- cal-loaddefs not provided
@ 2008-04-30 15:52     ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2008-04-30 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim X; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 30.04.2008 um 10:22 schrieb Tim X:

> I set SITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA to 4000

Mine is missing more than 1 MB! And the value has increased to
"approx. 1201769 bytes" ...

I checked whether src/puresize.h gets included at all, and it does
for ./src/{data,intervals,keyboard,keymap}.c ...

--
Greetings

   Pete
                       ~  o
                        ~_\\_/\
                       ~  O   O

* Re: Compilation error with latest CVS Emacs -- cal-loaddefs not provided
@ 2008-05-03 15:31   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2008-05-03 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Am 28.04.2008 um 12:00 schrieb Bastien:
>
>> I get this error:
>
> Weeks ago I had similiar errors. A 'make maintainer-clean' with another
> make bootstrap' helped.

That's it. Thanks.

--
Bastien