all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#584: 26.17 Tool Bars
@ 2008-07-21  9:37 intreg
From: intreg @ 2008-07-21  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: bug-gnu-emacs

The documentation below I think requires removing/updating as of emacs22 I think
that tool-bar-mode does not exist?

M-x tool-bar-mode

would not work for me as M-x to.... produced no completions in my version 22 of
emacs

26.17 Tool Bars

The tool bar is a line (or lines) of icons at the top of the Emacs window, just
below the menu bar. You can click on these icons with the mouse to do various jobs.

The global tool bar contains general commands. Some major modes define their own
tool bars to replace it. A few “special” modes that are not designed for
ordinary editing remove some items from the global tool bar.

Tool bars work only on a graphical display. The tool bar uses colored XPM icons
if Emacs was built with XPM support. Otherwise, the tool bar uses monochrome
icons (PBM or XBM format).

You can turn display of tool bars on or off with M-x tool-bar-mode or by
customizing the option tool-bar-mode.

Kind Regards,
Gary.

useri@k8amd:~/.emacs.d$ emacs22 --version
GNU Emacs 22.1.1
GNU Emacs comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
You may redistribute copies of Emacs
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.

This mail sent through http://webmail.zoom.co.uk

* bug#584: 26.17 Tool Bars
@ 2008-08-07 17:23 Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2008-08-07 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: intreg; +Cc: 584

> The documentation below I think requires removing/updating as of emacs22
> I think that tool-bar-mode does not exist?
>
> M-x tool-bar-mode
>
> would not work for me as M-x to.... produced no completions in my
> version 22 of emacs

Your installation may be buggy; tool-bar-mode does exist.  Please
provide more information about your build environment, etc.