Stefan Monnier writes: >> Here a first shot of `copy-directory', with the first check disabled >> (file-subdir-of-p) to test the detection of the inf-loop, can you have a >> look? > > I think we can install the file-subdir-of-p test now and leave the rest > for 24.2. Can you (re)send the corresponding patch? Note that > (or (files-equal-p directory newname) > (file-subdir-of-p newname directory)) > should be replaced by just (file-subdir-of-p newname directory), because > this primitive should be a "⊆" rather than "⊂". Done, you should have received the patch. > > I always prefer a patch rather than the resulting code, so I don't have > to look for the source code to see what's changed. Ok, here the patch for only `copy-directory' with the check by `file-subdir-of-p' disabled for testing purpose.