all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Where is stored description for Emacs branches layout?
@ 2012-12-16 10:25 Oleksandr Gavenko
From: Oleksandr Gavenko @ 2012-12-16 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I visit:

  http://savannah.gnu.org/bzr/?group=emacs

where next link was referenced:

  http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/

It show Emacs branches.

How can I get same info only with bzr command line client (please no bzr
explorer or another gui)?

Another question which branches stand for?

Sometimes it is obviously: concurrency, emacs-23.

Sometimes not. Where the latest sources in 'trunk' or in 'emacs-24'?

What are:

 * profiler
 * python
 * xwidget
 * elpa

branches stand for? Where is description?

--
Best regards!

* Re: Where is stored description for Emacs branches layout?
@ 2012-12-16 18:27 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2012-12-16 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: Oleksandr Gavenko <gavenkoa@gmail.com>
> Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 12:25:21 +0200
>
> I visit:
>
>   http://savannah.gnu.org/bzr/?group=emacs
>
> where next link was referenced:
>
>   http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/
>
> It show Emacs branches.
>
> How can I get same info only with bzr command line client

 "bzr branches bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs"

> Another question which branches stand for?

Ask on emacs-devel, if you really want to know.

> Sometimes not. Where the latest sources in 'trunk' or in 'emacs-24'?

Both.  emacs-24 is the release branch, trunk is development.

> What are:
>
>  * profiler
>  * python
>  * xwidget
>  * elpa
>
> branches stand for? Where is description?

Ask on emacs-devel.

* Re: Where is stored description for Emacs branches layout?
@ 2012-12-16 23:32   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2012-12-16 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/README

should give a general description.

>> * profiler
>> * python

profiler is an old branch that has been merged into trunk just before
the 24.3 freeze.  I think python is also an old branch, that was used
for the new python.el.  I just moved them both to old-branches.

>> * xwidget

Experimental branch adding support for xwidgets.

>> * elpa

Special branch, not sharing code with Emacs but instead holding the
source code of the GNU ELPA packages.